Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sausage-Mushroom Quiche

Sausage- Mushroom Quiche

1 lb of browned sausage, drained well
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup cheese (I used cheddar, mozeralla, and colby jack) shredded
1 TB flour (thickener)
1 pie crust

Take mushrooms, onions and peppers and saute in olive oil until cooked through. (I use about 1/2 TB of oil)
Take you pie crust and line a pie pan, poke holes with fork so dough doesn't bubble up. I cook my crust for about 6 minutes in oven before I put all the goodies inside.
Layer browned sausage, and mushroom mix over the bottom of your quiche.

Next, mix well beaten eggs with milk. Add flour to cheese and add to egg-milk mixture. Pour over sausage and mushrooms in the pan.
Cook for 40 minutes at 350 degree oven.
You can season how you like. I added basil, salt and pepper to this one.
Quiche is fun and easy to make. You can add well drained spinach (good source of iron), ham, bacon or broccoli.
There's not much crust in a slice and I don't eat the crinkled side crust. This will last several days in the fridge and you can reheat for 30 seconds in microwave. Pretty simple and makes a nice change in breakfast or lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment